Updated: March 16, 2020
To our Loyal and Valued Clients,
The events surrounding the pandemic spread of COVID-19 have been in the forefront of our minds, we want to make you aware of protocols we have enacted effective immediately to do our part to 1) not get COVID-19 and 2) not spread COVID-19. The more we can do NOW to slow the spread of disease in our community, the more we can give our elderly and immunocompromised clients (and family members) the best shot at avoiding this virus. It is our job to protect our most vulnerable citizens while still being able to care for your beloved pets during these challenging times. Fortunately, at this time, there is no evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19. In order to maintain “business as usual,” we need to understand that we can’t continue to practice “business as usual.”
- Clients will not be permitted entrance into the building during this time. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you call us from the parking lot and one of our staff members will come out and bring your pet in for the exam and services while you wait in your vehicle. We will obtain a thorough history before the appointment either through email or over the phone, so we make sure we are getting the whole picture. We have the capability to FaceTime and text as well as have you on speakerphone through the exam as if you were in the room with us. At the end, we will print or email our detailed doctor’s instructions so that you will have a written copy of our findings and recommendations and collect payment over the phone or through PayPal.
- We ask that you clean your carrier, leash, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an alcohol-based solution and not bring any blankets or toys from home when your pet is hospitalized for the day. Please let us know if you were not able to do so prior to arrival and we will bring disinfecting wipes out to your vehicle with us.
- If you have prescriptions that need to be refilled, we ask that you do so one of the following ways:
- Through our online pharmacy at https://parkplacevethospital.securevetsource.com for direct shipment to your door.
- By calling us 24 hours in advance so we can have your prescription ready and process your payment over the phone. We will then have you call us when you arrive at the hospital and we will deliver your prescription to your vehicle.
Park Place Veterinary Hospital has been your other family doctor for 29 years and we are committed to providing uninterrupted service to your pets even during these uncertain times. While this may feel cumbersome, we hope you understand that it is with the interest of our staff and the most vulnerable in our community. Thank you for your continued support.
Kristina A. Lang, DVM & Owner and Hallie L. Dugrenier, Practice Manager
On Behalf of our Entire Park Place Veterinary Hospital Team
Tues: 9:20am – 7:00pm
Wed: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thurs: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am – 12:00pm